Self Catering Cottages for Two in the Slieve Bloom
The Forge (sleeps 2 & pull-out couch bed)
A beautiful open plan, split-level apartment occupies what used to be the old Forge at Roundwood House. Filled with books and paintings and set in 18 acres of park and woodland, the Forge is a perfect escape, or a great base for exploring the Slieve Bloom Mountains. Walking trails, cycling routes, horseback riding and fishing are all available locally.
“We stayed at the forge. It was magical. We kept the fire lit, listened to the rain come down outside, made friends with the cats and dogs, had morning walks around the house and enjoyed the stunning views of the countryside. There’s a library that’s everything you could ever imagine it to be, at least for a person who is ever so fascinated by different cultures around the world. We were taken care of in a way that we had never experienced before. It was warm and wonderful.” – Rowena B., TripAdvisor
1 Night: €120.00
2 Nights: €200.00
€40.00 for every additional night
Cleaning surcharge for dogs: €20 per stay
The Writer’s Cottage (Sleeps 2)
This tiny, secluded cottage is hidden away in a corner of the walled garden of Roundwood House and is ideal for inspiring country holidays or romantic getaways. We think Hansel and Gretel may have been the original tenants! Travel writer, Pol O’Conghaile, lists it in the Irish Independent as one of the “ten best Irish hidey-holes guaranteed to erase memories of the nine to five”.
1 Night: €100.00
2 Nights: €170.00
€30.00 for every additional night
Cleaning surcharge for dogs/cats: €20 per stay
For further information or to make a booking please email email@example.com
- Prices are all inclusive, i.e. there are no extra charges for electricity, linen etc.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- The fires will be set upon arrival but subsequent firewood, if required, will have to be purchased. Roundwood House has turf and firewood for sale.
- The nearest supermarket is in Mountrath, 5 kilometres from Roundwood.
- There is a large selection of books in the cottages and more available for borrowing in the Main House.
- Our amazing Library of Civilisation situated in the old Coach House is open to guests staying in the cottages.
- Breakfast and dinner are available in the main house but need to be booked the day before.
- Wifi is available in the Forge but not in the Writer’s Cottage. Guests that require internet access are always welcome to make themselves comfortable in the Drawing Room or Study in the Main House. The only exception to this is when we have an exclusive use booking in the Main House.
- Both Cottages are pet friendly.